Retired after 31 years as a vice president in a nuclear power industry with a background in Theology and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Had practiced Chan (Zen) for 37 years prior to meeting the 85th Patriarch of Chan Wujue Miaotian in 2011. This experience was the beginning of a new, deeper, and richer expression of his practice. During their initial encounter, Chan Master Wujue Miaotian passed the Heart Imprint to him through direct heart-to-heart transmission and ordained him the name “Juemiao Miaoming.” He was then assigned the task to propagate and share Chan teaching worldwide.
Ordained in 2012, resides in bay area California, shares his teaching at San Jose Center and Monterey Center, and serves as the Secretary of the Board.
Graduated with a BSEE in digital hardware and enrolled in MBA from UC Berkeley in 1971.
Served as CEO and founder of
- Simon Electronics Of Taiwan
- Western Medical Equipment in Irvine
- FireRiver.com in Irvine
- AXA Corporation in Irvine.
- ACCUON Corporation in Irvine.
Began the practice of Heart Chan in 2000. Ordained in 2004. Now serving practitioners in Los Angeles area.
Married to Emily Hsiao with three children.
Loves cooking, yoga, golf, singing.
Born and raised in mainland China, Guangming always has a strong interest in Spirituality. In 2001, he came to the United States for a Ph.D. study in Computer Science at the University of Southern California.
In 2005, after passing his thesis qualification, he found some time to participate in the Chan club in the university. A small casual step out of curiosity at that time turned out to be the beginning of a life-changing journey in Chan.
He met the 85th Chan Patriarch Wujue Miaotian in person in 2007 at the Shaolin Temple which is the birthplace of Chinese Chan.
In October of 2012, he took refuge in Chan Master Wujue Miaotian and was also ordained with the name “Juemiao Guangming” by the Chan Master. Currently he resides in the San Francisco Bay Area and shares Chan teachings at San Jose Center and Monterey Center.
A former TV show host in Beijing China, currently a full time mom of three boys in Irvine California, Miaolian’s journey in Chan started in a random Saturday afternoon in 2008 in a community park. She was taking her sons out for some afternoon outdoor activities and ran into a Chan class offered at the community center in the park.
In 2011 she went to Taiwan to participate in the founding of Shakyamuni Buddhist foundation. Right before the ceremony, the moment she put on the dharma robe for the first time, her heart was deeply touched by a warmness that she never felt before and tears came out uncontrollably. While meeting the 85th Chan Patriarch Wujue Miaotian later the same day, she asked to take refuge with the master and her wish was granted right away.
In 2012, she was in Taiwan to share her Chan experience in a dharma assembly of 20000+ people and was ordained right before the assembly.
Currently she resides in Irvine, California and shares Chan teachings at Irvine Center.
Ordained in 1987, resides in New York City, and shares Chan teachings at New York Center.
Contact: Yaling Huang
- Juemiao Miaoming Juemiao Miaoming
- Juemiao Tongming Juemiao Tongming
- Juemiao Jingming Juemiao Jingming
- Juemiao Guangming Juemiao Guangming
- Juemiao Miaolian Juemiao Miaolian
- Juemiao Chingming Juemiao Chingming
- Get Involved We welcome everyone to be involved with various aspects of Heart Chan practice.
- 2016 Retreat Experience This is our third year participating in Heart Chan’s retreat. Feeling the power of energy was my biggest breakthrough in the first year. Last year, I was honored to be given the opportunity to organize the retreat held in Southern California which not only challenged me to organize and coordinate an event but also let me interact with ...
- Sync with the trees at the retreat. Ellijay, Georgia is the 2nd Heart Chan retreat for me. I like all the scheduled classes and sharings. The interactive chan class with Sister Miaolian was my favorite. I felt strong connection with Shifu during the interactive chan. When observing and sync with the nature, the trees, flowers, it brings me lasting happiness. In everyday life, we seek temporary ...
- Sync With A Tree I’d like to share my true story happened one month ago when I returned back from China. I realized that the giant ficus tree in my backyard looked so pale, thousands of leaves falling down on the ground. Immediately I was in sync with this poor tree which was full of weak energy and struggling ...
- Miaoming Shares Experiences at an Assembly Miaoming shared his experiences of the practice at an assembly in Taiwan