headermask image

header image

Auto Translation 自動翻譯

下課以後,有許多的同修,都來安慰我,感謝我,說我辛苦了。尤其是站在那里翻譯,好像很緊張。

After the class, many practitioners came to comfort and thank me, especially for my nervous looking, long standing translation work.

事實上,我在前五分鐘,的確不能定心。

Honestly, I was rather nervous for the first 5 minutes or so.

想到了英文,沒聽到師父的中文。記得了前一句,沒聽到後一句。

Thinking in English, did not hear our Master’s Chinese. Memorizing one sentence, often did not hear the next.

一直提醒自己要心定,要心定。然后就觀注在第一排的同修,因為他們比較定。

Keep on reminding my self, “Be still! Be still!” Then I focused just on the first row, because they don’t move.

慢慢的,就定下來了。

Slowly, I focused.

最奇妙的是下午的那一堂課,完全沒用腦袋。

The most interesting was the afternoon session. I did not use my brain.

師父一說完,英文就自動出來了。

As soon as our Master finished His Chinese, English just came out without thinking.

時間上,接得恰恰好。只快了兩次。

Timing was almost right on. I hurried only twice.

雖然,英文不完全正確。但是有了八九成,也算是可以了。

Though the English was not perfect, but it hit the target 80-90%.

在那段時間里,我好像是空的。像是一個自動翻譯機。

During that period, I felt empty and like a translation machine.

不但沒聽到什么,也不記得什么,也不知道說過什么。就是一直在當下。聽完,說完,就忘了。

I did not hear anything. Don’t remembered anything I said nor what I’ve heard. I was in the “zone” - heard, said, next.

那種感覺,非常特殊,也非常奇妙。

That kind of feeling was very unique, rather amazing and quite exquisite.

感恩,感恩。

I am so grateful for such an experience.

If you liked my post, feel free to subscribe to my rss feeds

One Comment

  1. I recall that the Master talked about translation at the airport.
    Once he saw a simultaneous interpreter on TV with resembled facial expression as the speaker.
    This reminds me the little girl’s translation in the move “Spanglish”
    Anyone remembers that scene?

    1. YiPing on 四月 21st, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Post a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.